Monday 11 May 2015

Final week of Off the Map



This week I didn’t have an awful lot left to do, my list of what I needed to do was mainly just to create the conversation with the Mad Hatter and finish texturing my assets.

The Hatter conversation wasn’t as difficult as creating the other conversations, I’d done it all before and I had the text boxes ready so it was just a case of creating the blueprint, and I think I was done in about 3 hours, I didn’t run into many problems.

As planned I finished all of my texturing halfway through the week and had resized them for optimisation.

The things I did after that was all extras. At the start of our project I came up with the idea of Alice climbing into a giant glass bottle to symbolise a transition of her becoming small, but we could not find a place in the game for it at the time. But Michael Ollerton found a great place for it to make the transition into the mushroom area, so I modelled a broken glass bottle for him.

Another extra thing I tried to do was to add text to the initial puzzle for Alice to say to better guide the player. I created these text boxes and built the blueprint necessary, but I ran into the complexity limit problem that I came across weeks ago and it started breaking and glitching. So this didn’t make it into game because I didn’t have time to work out how to fix it, but it was just a stretch goal as an extra thing to do because I had time, so I don’t feel too bad about not being able to do it.

The rest of my time was spent tweaking small things in engine just to polish it all off. I’ll be posting a post mortem of this project within the text week.

No comments:

Post a Comment